AmTrust Financial Services
Jersey City, New Jersey
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., a multinational insurance holding company headquartered in New York City, is looking for a Disability Claims Adjuster I to work in the Jersey City, NJ office.Responsibilities
The Disability Claims Adjuster I will examine and determine the eligibility of claims submitted. The claims must be examined in accordance with state laws, rules and regulations, and the companys claims philosophy and procedures.Qualifications
- Working knowledge of the State Disability Benefit Law.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, diagnosis and ICD-10 codes.
- Minimum of two years experience in Disability Claims.
- Typing and mathematical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Completes tasks within allotted time frame.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Team player.
- NJ TDB (Temporary Disability Benefit)
- NY DBL (Disability Benefits Law)
- NY PFL (Paid Family Leave)
- Answer incoming calls.
- Examine initial claims (DB-450) for payment or rejection.
- Verify eligibility.
- Accept liability.
- Establish claim estimate.
- Call employer, doctor and/or claimant if needed for additional information.
- Determine payment type final, auto pay or non-auto pay.
- Review incoming mail via image system for subsequent payments or rejection.
- Determine if claimant should be set-up for an IME once the claim goes beyond initial estimate. Consult with management if needed.
- Review all- correspondence from the Workers Comp Board and determines if benefits should be withheld or paid.
- Review all Notices of Hearing and prepare the file for the hearing rep.
- Review all Notices of Decision and act accordingly (comply or appeal).
- Answer correspondence from employers.
- Create and format letters.
- Make follow-up routine phone calls.
- Enter in checks and rejections.
- Review auto pay daily payment report.
- Review pay diary daily reminders.
- Review and process all daily reminders.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as necessary.
- Detailed work
- Problem solving
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Client contact
- Multiple concurrent tasks
- Constant interruptions
- Sitting or Standing
- Word processor
- Fax machine
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.