AmTrust Financial Services
Jersey City, New Jersey
Entry Level, Premium Audit
AmTrust Financial, a multi-national insurance holding company, is currently recruiting for a Senior Internal Auditor in Jersey City, New Jersey. They are looking for someone who is dynamic with strong interpersonal skills and has an ability to complete audits independently, or with little supervision. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing a wide-range of internal audits. Some travelling to regional and international offices may be requiredResponsibilities
- Planning - Performing process walkthroughs to identify the key activities, risks and controls.
- Risk Assessment Applying risk and control concepts to assess control design and developing a test approach of the key controls.
- Operational Effectiveness Testing Testing the effectiveness of the key controls identified.
- Documenting - Compiling clear and concise audit work papers with conclusions that are supported by the work performed.
- Reporting - Discussing and reporting control design deficiencies and controls not operating as designed.
- Issue Tracking - Validating with management in resolution and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Working with the 2nd Line functions (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley, ERM) as needed.
- Performing special projects as deemed necessary by management.
- Providing training and coaching to junior Internal Audit staff.
- Maintaining organizational and professional ethical standards and ensuring internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with the Standards.
- Working under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Auditors may be required to travel 10-15% of the working year.
- Have an ACA, ACCA, PIIA, CMIIA or equivalent audit qualification, or be at the final year of studies
- Be educated to a minimum of Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Have a minimum of two years experience as an internal auditor within the general insurance and/ or Lloyds environment
- Must have experience with SOX
- Possess an excellent understanding of internal audit methodologies, risk and control frameworks
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solvency II awareness
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.