AmTrust Financial Services
Jersey City, New Jersey
Financial Services, IT
- IT Financial Planning Analyst supporting the IT Expense Model, IT Budget Planning, IT Chargeback Reporting and other Financial Analysis and reports
- Compiles and analyzes financial information for the IT organization.
- Develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations.
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports while ensuring integrity of data.
- Identifies trends/developments with ability to articulate findings in presentations to management.
- Performs financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts.
- Provide financial analysis support on budgeting, invoicing, vendor contracts and financial reports for technology spending on services and products.
- Collect, synthesize, organize, and manage financial data captured in support of IT business units.
- Assist IT management in the analysis of respective expenditures, by compiling and analyzing financial information for the organization. Develop integrated budget to actual analyses, projections, reports and presentations.
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately. Identifies trends and developments in alignment with stakeholder expectations and presents findings to senior management.
- Ensure the storing, archiving, and log layout of information resources is consistent.
- Understand the IT budget planning processes, cost allocation processes, and associated financial management standards in order to support effective billing processes coding costs to appropriate funding sources, follows required approval processes and posts to the correct financial accounts.
- Review projects, budgets, invoices and contracts for reasonability and accuracy and make any necessary recommendations to senior management.
- Identifying, investigating, resolving budgeting and billing discrepancies related to improper project accounting of costs, discrepancy in trends, incorrect coding or account setup.
- Focus upon the consistency of information captured across various systems within the IT financial management domain, e.g. budgeting, invoicing, project portfolio system, time tracking system(s), procurement, Finance systems.
- Responsible for supporting the maintenance and maturity of various models and systems that manage and administer financial data analytics that include granularity on vendors, projects, technology components and stacks, time-tracking, cost allocation metrics, etc.
- Provide backup support to IT Accounting/Purchasing for processing Invoice payments, updating corresponding project and budget worksheets; this includes preparing batches of invoices for data entry, submit invoices for payment, preparing purchase orders, verifying senior management approvals, maintaining inventory files.
- Provide support on various projects within IT Administration.
- Ensure that IT financial planning continues to support the organizations business strategy
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required
- 2-4 years of work experience in financial planning/management, information technology
- Property & casualty insurance experience desired
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills with ability to articulate findings and present to management
- Familiar with a variety of the IT financial management concepts, practices and procedures as it relates to the IT financial specialist function.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
- Strong project and process management skills with the ability to handle wide range of tasks
- Ability to understand risks and to work with other parts of the organization crafting tactics and strategies for risk mitigation
- Customer-focused approach to deliver on IT financial management services to internal customers
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills to be applied in collaborating within the IT Team and in its cross-functional customers and stakeholders across the organization
- Project office experience, esp. in project accounting and project scheduling
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to produce spreadsheets, correspondences, reports and other documents
- Flexible and adaptable to work in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Positive attitude and engage in respectful interactions
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools esp. Excel, Powerpoint and Visio
- Experience with reporting tools and various systems used in the IT financial management domain (e.g. general ledgers, fixed assets, project/portfolio management, procurement)
- Capable of working effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and as part of a team to meet strict deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Critical thinking
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.