- Perform complex compliance research and regulatory analysis in order to monitor regulations and support business operations.
- Assess compliance of underwriting rules, guidelines, procedures and programs.
- Prepare and submit state filings and filing support material for personal lines / commercial lines rates, rules and forms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- With management guidance, develop, publish and distribute personal lines / commercial lines company manuals, intra-company product communications and agency correspondence including product announcements.
- With management guidance, develop, publish and distribute personal lines / commercial lines company proprietary policy forms and notices. (Implementation is to include the proofing of forms and the development of system specifications.)
- Monitor and track industry trends, competitor information, rating bureau changes and proposed activities by regulatory agencies to determine potential impacts on company operations.
- Make recommendations to management regarding company response to various rating bureau changes.
- With management guidance, assist in the analysis of the company’s regulatory compliance posture and the development of compliance recommendations.
- Consults with product management, claims, and marketing. Coordinates sharing of information among disciplines to keep all areas up to date on changes.
- Work closely with various disciplines to monitor and review regulatory and legislative changes, preparing the company’s responses to regulatory and legislative changes and following up with appropriate areas to ensure that required changes are implemented.
- Consults with business groups on compliance initiatives. Works with management to provide corporate compliance perspectives and develop strategy to reduce any potential compliance exposures.
- Creates and maintains project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time requirements, establishing deadlines, monitoring completion, tracking phases of the assigned projects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personal lines / commercial lines product training as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience in an insurance company
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- CPCU Designation preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to accurately complete assigned tasks on a timely basis.
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Ability to learn and retain information relating to job functions.
- PC skills to include: E-mail applications, Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Industry specific software applications applicable to performance of position responsibilities.
- Experience working with state legal and regulatory agencies.
- Experience in legislative review and analysis.
- Experience developing and maintaining underwriting compliance programs and procedures preferred.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401k Plan, Paid Time Off/Sick Days, Incentive Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan and Continuing Education Assistance.