Claims Appraiser - Material Damage
Investigates, evaluates, and estimates vehicle damage. Prepares estimates for repair costs, unrelated damages, assesses vehicle condition and identifies options in compliance with all state regulatory and carrier requirements. Works with limited supervision to perform assignments and problem resolution. Recognizes critical events, understands carrier and customer needs and provides advice in order to deliver appropriate solutions to all involved parties. Limited travel may be necessary. Position is located at Copart facility in Dunn NC.
- Inspect and determine claim related damage.
- Appraise damaged vehicles and complete estimates and/or total-loss evaluations to comply with company and state regulations
- Accurately identify all vehicle options
- Prepare estimate of unrelated damages as necessary
- Accurately assess vehicle condition
- Deliver a positive customer service experience to all internal, external, current and prospective customers
- Provide expert knowledge to customers regarding the estimate and/or total-loss process
- Collaborates with team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Contributes to business goals, performance metrics and effectively uses tools & technology.
- Possesses clear communication skills and is an effective listener
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as needed to include working overtime during designated Catastrophe response events (CAT).
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in Business or related field
- 5+ years Auto damage estimating experience & total loss process
- Comprehensive knowledge of auto claims contracts
- Computer literate in a Windows operating system & Microsoft Office
- Experience with CCC
- Strong problem solving skills, as well as ability to show compassion/empathy towards claimants throughout process.
- North Carolina insurance appraisers license
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive wages - $60,000 - $70,000
- Comprehensive benefits
- 401K plan
- A full-time career in a growing industry, with lots of opportunities for advancement
- Casual dress code