AmTrust Financial Services
Jersey City, New Jersey
Data Analysts work intensely with the data work stream through all phases of an engagement, including conceptual design, detailed design, implementation, testing and production deployment. Responsibilities entail defining, assembling and presenting all technical data deliverables and work products. The Data Analyst will perform data cleaning, manipulation and exploratory analyses. Data analysts communicate data insights to and facilitate decision-making with internal stakeholders. Additionally, the data analysts collaborate with data engineers to identify and correct data issues.
In the dynamic role you will work with multiple departments throughout the company, such as finance, accounting, underwriting, and compliance, as well as with external partners, such as managing general agencies, statistical bureaus, and various state departments of insurance.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial
* 2+ years business experience as an analyst
* Thorough understanding of business processes and systems knowledge
* Proven ability to develop data models using statistical and mathematical methods
* Proven aptitude for learning and using data analysis reporting tools
* Intermediate skills in Excel with knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros
* Intermediate computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, and database experience including the ability to create PowerPoint graphs, tables and information reports in slide format
* Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
* Masters Degree in a quantitative field
* Intermediate SQL programming skills
* Python, R and VBA (Optional)
* Experience with Medical Claims and Billing
* Prior experience in Accounting and/or Finance
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.