We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Our team here at Liberty Mutual Insurance operates a lot like a start-up:
- We have an agile workspace at WeWork to foster a relaxed, innovative, and collaborative culture.
- We believe in empowered engineers who are given the freedom and responsibility to build great software.
- We embrace a DevOps approach to our highly-scalable, highly-automated solutions we build it, we own it.
- We strongly believe in exploring new technologies, such as NLP (Alexa, Siri, Cortana), Machine Learning (bots), new cloud services (serverless/AWS lambda), etc.
- We value the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
If you share these values, the Accident & Health team has an immediate need for a Software Developer.
In this role, you would:
- Meet business requirements with efficient maintainable, defect-free code.
- Collaborates with your team on development and design.
- Responsible for the quality & health of your code.
- Contributes to researching technical alternatives.
- Works within team on iterative development and innovation.
- Provides functional/system integration testing support.
- Performs Quality Assurance coding review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners.
- Collaborates on troubleshooting production issues and performing root cause analysis.
- Identify improvement opportunities (Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation).
This role might be for you if you have:
Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
3+ years of professional experience.
Java & Spring experience required.
General knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies. IT architectures and technical standards.
Design and development tools.
General knowledge of layered systems architectures.
General understanding of shared software concepts.
General knowledge of architectures and technical standards.
General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker.
Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
Understanding of backlog tracking and incremental delivery.
Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)