Scrum Master II
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Liberty Mutual Global Specialty is actively searching for a Scrum Master II. In this role, you will oversee the planning and implementation of more than one complex projects. Youll work with the Surety Scrum Team by coaching team members, proactively eliminating barriers, and facilitating team delivery on sprint goals. You will work closely with the Surety team members and Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and others in the application teams to support Sprint and Release Planning, foster team self-awareness, encourage cross-training, decision-making and continuous improvement.
With your seasoned background, you will tackle product issues of great complexity. Armed with a deeper agile perspective acquired through several years of Scrum Master Experience with multiple teams, the Scrum Master II is poised to mentor junior Scrum Masters and evangelize agile practices with a larger community beyond his or her team.
About the job
- Generally lead more than one scrum team in moderate to high complexity projects. Oversee scrum process and coach the teams on how to use scrum and Agile practices and methodology.
- Facilitate transparency, inspection, and adaption.
- Lead daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement. Manage interdependencies between agile teams.
- Work with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution.
- Shield the teams from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity.
- Anticipate and address potential or actual impediments to team delivery (cultural barriers, logistic challenges).
- Mentor junior Scrum Masters and coach team members on Agile practices.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 5 years related experience as a project team member and a minimum of 5 years experience in Agile software development including coaching on agile methodologies, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and concepts Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills.
- Scrum certification strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a scaled agile framework preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-King Of Prussia
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time