Policy Rater - Commercial Lines
Commercial Insurance Policy Rater
Prominent Orlando Florida area independent insurance agency is looking to hire a Commercial Lines Policy Rater to join our team. This individual works directly with producers and support staff. The insurance professional has a desire and aptitude for independent, discrete and decision-making skill who takes responsibility for the rating function as well as an assigned book of business, This team member is proficient and exceptional in providing the highest quality of client service.
This position utilizes appropriate business classifications and rates for new business, endorsements and renewal premiums for commercial clients by utilizing manual and automated rating systems, schedules, EDP equipment, and information as necessary to determine premium for routine to highly complex or unusual casualty or property risk. The Rater will gather information from inspection reports, photos or from telephone or email discussions with agents and identify inconsistent or incorrect information and communicates these issues to the appropriate underwriter. The individual may be asked to train new or current staff on office and rating procedures.
Knowledgeable with various functions and roles within Applied Systems Agency Manger Software (TAM)
A team member is a communicator and an educator who exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills in the electronic marketplace.
A Florida 220 license is required, all certifications current, solid commercial coverage expertise and knowledge of Florida markets and carriers is a must. The ideal candidate should have at least 3-5 years of commercial lines insurance experience.
Competitive compensation, plus paid quarterly commission incentives
Full-time benefits including Medical, Paid time off, Dental, Vision, 401K with Profit Sharing
- As an Insurance commercial department team member your scope of responsibility will include customer service and related functions to growing and supporting the Commercial Lines book of business assigned.
- Focus on customer satisfaction and account retainage
- Cross sell insurance policy coverage options
- Follow and manage established production workflows
- Work with a team of customer account managers
- Correspond with clients and companies
- Deliver and effectively present insurance policy quotes and policy renewals
- Establish and manage workflows and deadlines
Additional Job Requirements
- As a self-motivated team member you must be able to work effectively with staff and phone interruptions, while encouraging by example to be part of the team.
- Demonstrate a high degree of detailed organizational skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Be knowledgeable in the following areas; invoicing new and renewal policies and endorsements, preparing applications as needed, preparing Certificates of Insurance, issuing binder bills for clients, process customer policy endorsements and ID cards, processing incoming requests for additional information from the carriers as received.
Apply for Policy Rater - Commercial Lines
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly