Technical Assistant, Worker's Compensation, Commercial Insurance
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Commercial Market Claims is searching for a Technical Assistant to join its Medicare Unit in Dover, NH.In this role, you will work in the Conditional Payment Unit investigating and resolving Medicare liens filed against workers compensation claims. The candidate will interact with multiple parties including claims case managers, injured employees, Medicare vendors, and the recovery contractors for the Center for Medicare Services. The right candidate for this role will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds, and committed to producing high-quality.
- Initiates Medicare Lien search and follows up to insure case creation with the Medicare lien contractor.
- Analyzes Medicare Conditional Payment letters to determine causal relationship of the debt.
- Drafts informal disputes and formal appeals with the Medicare Recovery Contractors.
- Accesses Medicare Secondary Recovery Portal to secure updates relative to conditional payments.
- Assists Branch Offices in resolving Conditional Payment-related issues/questions.
- Participates in projects to improve teams ability to deliver service efficiently and effectively.
- Data entry associated with conditional payment workflow.Specifically working within Excel & Share Point based data bases and documenting lien information into claim files.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical billing, ICD 9&10 codes, or Social Security/Medicare policies preferred.
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation and Liability Insurance preferred.
- Able to adapt to competing priorities, detail-oriented, execution-focused.
- Ability to follow/interpret procedures and effectively escalate issues/tasks.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, specifically Outlook, Word, OneNote, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Adobe Pro
- Solid organizational skills to manage work inventory within quality and time standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with and elicit cooperation from involved parties.
- Associates Degree preferred, and one-three years of relevant experience in a paralegal position, medical billing, or an administrative role.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (11 years)