Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Brown & Brown of Florida—Fort Lauderdale is growing and seeking an exceptional individual with proven discipline, and commitment to join our team as Account Manager, Condo Insurance Lines Division. The Manager will work closely with the producer and/or account executive to service new and existing Condo HOA accounts. The Manager in this role will maintain Division and Office retention goals and service standards. Manager is responsible for retaining specifically assigned Commercial accounts through servicing and marketing responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish positive working relationships with customers for account retention.
- Talk to customers and gather updated information for the annual marketing of their renewal.
- Work closely with the marketing department to retain accounts.
- Develop a full working knowledge of Commercial Lines procedures.
- Handle client requests for information, endorsements, forms, and rates for accuracy, recommending changes or amendments.
- Review and analyze policies, endorsements, forms, and rates for accuracy, recommending changes or amendments.
- Oversee the requests for endorsements, and control and preparation of binders, certificates, invoices, automobile identification cards, and similar items.
- Review activities on a regularly scheduled basis, re-suspending or handling items as appropriate.
- Maintain account documents, overseeing that documents are saved correctly within automated database.
- Order cancellations where requested or required.
- Assist in clearing omitted items, account differences, and commission differences.
- Coordinate premium financing needs with Accounting Department.
- Keep producers informed of real or potential problems and being proactive.
- Correspond with markets and clients, accompanying producers on visits as requested.
- Responsible for the marketing of assigned accounts, obtaining and evaluating quotations, and determining and recommending markets.
- Maintain knowledge of carrier underwriting criteria, deviations, plans, and marketing policy.
- Maintain knowledge of approved rates by the respective carriers, and be able to explain the rating of any policy.
- Negotiate with company underwriters.
- Prepare complete and accurate submissions.
- Prepare and/or modify quotations when required.
- Maintain an activity for proper follow up of outstanding quotation requests.
- Prepare policy orders to the successful carrier, binding and invoicing as appropriate.
- Check carrier issued policies for accuracy. Inform carrier and client of forthcoming corrections.
- Utilize agency automation with a high level of knowledge and proficiency.
- Pursue a program of personal and professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School degree including management courses preferred or the equivalent.
- Florida 2-20 Agents License
- 3+ years’ commercial insurance lines required, condo specific experience preferred.
- Proficient with oral and written abilities
- Strong at multi-tasking, being accurate, and completing tasks timely.
- Ability to maintain standards of quality and quantity of output as established by Commercial Lines management.
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes 401(k) plan with match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Insurance coverage in the areas of Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, plus much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Apply for Account Manager, Condo Insurance Lines - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly