Claims Adjuster Trainee - Workers' Compensation
Are you the friend who always knows just what to say in a difficult situation? Do you enjoy making things right? Do you have a passion for helping those in need? Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, an A+ Superior rated Insurance company, is currently seeking a Claims Associate Trainee to work from home in the state of Alaska.
The Claims Associate Trainee is responsible for the communication, coordination and administration of Workers Compensation claims.
The responsibilities will include the determination of compensability, the prompt provision of benefits and assistance in early return to work. The position will work as a liaison between the employer, the medical provider and the injured worker; provide information about Workers Compensation; advise employers on the proper management and impact of Workers Compensation claims.
This position is designed to accelerate the individual through the training program and be promoted into the Complex Claims Unit. Once in the Complex Claims Unit, you will be responsible for determining compensability and/or coverage issues for workers' compensation claims involving loss of time, directing settlements under management's review, gathering medical and factual evidence, directing the activities of outside investigation, and handling litigation files within given authority.
This position requires daily contact with claimants and/or their attorneys, outside investigators, and rehabilitation personnel as well as routine contact with Insureds, medical providers, and agents.
We are looking for energetic and innovative individuals to join our team.
Candidates interested in this fast-track training program will be required to attend a four week long training session at our Home Office in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Accommodations will be provided.Qualifications
- Candidate must be comfortable with the computer and video technology with strong Microsoft Office capabilities required.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills along with the aptitude to grasp medical and legal terminology.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!