AmTrust Financial Services
IT , Operations
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. is looking for an eager Database professional who is reliable and who wants to be a part of an enterprise team.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of Database Administrators and all activities related to day to day administration of enterprise database systems. You will be the technical lead counted on to mentor and assign personnel to various projects and directs their activities. A successful person for this role would be someone that has a lot of internal motivation, attention to detail, follow through skills and who is a self-starter.Responsibilities
- Responsible for strategic and tactical management for primarily MS SQL and DB2 systems. Manages and coordinates the day-to-day operations and maintenance of servers and databases.
- Accountable for developing and driving annual and continuous improvement plans for DBAs.
- Establishes standards and procedures for all Database systems owned by IT Operations.
- Define and ensure daily operational tasks needed for optimal database performance and stability are carried out by the DBAs.
- Seek ways to actively improve the stability, performance, monitoring, security, and backups of Database systems.
- Write and maintain database documentation, requirements and standards, communicating them to development teams and others as appropriate.
- Technology leadership skills to include coaching/mentoring/teaching, critical thinking/judgment, facilitation, leading change, and team development.
- Work closely with all IT teams and business groups to manage customer satisfaction and direct investigation and remediation of service level breakdowns.
- Responsible for maintain as an escalation point of contact for on-call support and provide senior management.
Skills and Key Competencies:
- Advanced relational database proficiency in SQL, with the ability to design and execute advanced database queries. Database experience in DB2, Microsoft SQL Server required.
- Strong understanding of managing and monitoring Database systems in a high volume, highly available OLTP environment.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft SQL server always on, as well as the latest Microsoft clustering, replication, reporting and analysis technology.
- Microsoft SQL and DB2 best practice and standards
- Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively in a fast-moving, rapidly changing environment.
- Proven people management skills.
- Experience in supporting a 24x7 production environment
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or higher strongly preferred in Computer Science or a related discipline and typically eight to ten years of experience.
- 7+ years of SQL database technology experience.
- 2+ years of people and database management experience.
- In depth experience with database installation, configuration and upgrade.
- Excellent knowledge of Database backup and recovery of very large databases, typically multi terabytes.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL database/instance tuning, optimizing complex SQL statements for best possible performance.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.