AmTrust Financial Services
Jersey City, New Jersey
A member of the NY DBL administrative team who maintains and services New York State Disability Benefits Law policies. This position entails extensive interaction with policyholders, brokers and general agents via verbal and written communication. Performs all policy service functions. Liaise with Workers Compensation Board regarding compliance.Responsibilities
- Maintain and update on-line policyholder information. For example, issue new policies, add additional entities and proprietorship coverage, address and name changes.
- Respond to phone inquiries from policyholders and producers.
- Process broker of record changes.
- Cancel policies as requested by policyholders and producers. Issue refunds for unearned premium or overpayment of premium.
- Follow-up for premium on cancelled policies and identify claims to be recovered on replaced policies.
- Coordinate and follow-up with collection agencies on delinquent accounts for collection of earned premium.
- Compile licensing information for new agents and brokers. Ensures that all producers are properly licensed with the State of New York. Maintain and update on-line broker file.
- Respond to requests for duplicate policies, bills and DB120.1 certificates.
- Respond to and initiate correspondence.
- Review and respond to Workers Compensation Board filings, inquiries and requests.
- Manage manual processes associated with policy holder employee data and create send invoices.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Thorough working knowledge of New York State DBL law, procedures, compliance and operations.
- Proficiency in personal computer applications Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Assertiveness and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills as demonstrated by the effective structuring of work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented ability to multi-task and work under deadline pressures.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.