- Career Level
- Not Specified
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Liberty Mutual is actively searching for a Software Developer to support Corporate Functions IT. Corporate Functions IT provides exceptional client experiences, furthers Liberty Mutuals digital evolution of core systems, and provides support across Finance, Legal, Talent & Enterprise Services, and Core IT Engines In this position, you will be a core member of the ETS IT Financial Delivery Team responsible for the development and support of the Global Reinsurance Strategy Group, Financial and Treasury customers.
About the job:
- Analyzes technical system problems, and designs and implements effective solutions.
- Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them.
- May be asked to provide on-call support.
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Consults on technical issues.
- Investigates components of new tools and techniques.
- Contributes to the development of project plans, and assigns and monitors tasks of lower level Software Developers as responsibilities and experience grows.
- In an Agile environment, work with business team members, product owners, and other software engineers to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Bachelors Degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Proficient in programming languages and tools.
- Knowledgeable in new and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of design and development tools.
- Knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts.
Experience in one or more of the following:
React, CSS and HTML
Experience with cloud-based technologies, including AWS and Cloud Foundry
Knowledge of backend/RESTful services
Informatica/ETL development a plus
SQL Server databases
Knowledge and use of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) methodologies, standards, and procedures with experience in promoting database changes from development through production environments.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
Career development, programs and classes
Diversity & Inclusion programs
College Savings Plan
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/working-here/benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - http://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/technology-jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover