- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
This position plays a significant role in assisting Senior Executives with risk management, achievement of strategic objectives and fulfilling the Companys promise to its policyholders. As a trusted advisor, the IT Auditor builds and cultivates effective business relationships while providing independent value-added audit and advisory services.
The IT Auditor participates on project teams that conduct independent assessments of Liberty Mutuals information systems, IT infrastructure, and IT internal control environment through the execution of risk analysis, control evaluation, and innovative audit testing procedures and techniques.
Individuals in the Internal Auditor role participate in the execution of audit and advisory projects from audit planning activities through completion.
- Under the direction of the in-charge and/or Manager, contributes to risk analysis, control identification, and audit program development. Independently performs assigned audit testing and concludes on the effectiveness of controls. Identifies control gaps and exceptions from expected control activities and evaluates the potential impact. Demonstrates the ability to multi-task, by clearly documenting the results of testing on more than one audit concurrently.
- Demonstrates development in technical and analytical skills to understand new and existing technologies. Interprets the associated risks, develops testing approach, and proposes solutions.
- Develops increasing technical knowledge and understanding of the departments audit methodology, insurance industry concepts, Cyber Security, IT General Controls and Software Development Practices. Effectively, demonstrates these capabilities when completing assigned work.
- Contributes to continuous improvement (CI) efforts
- Demonstrates technical understanding of data analysis concepts and practices. Effectively uses the departments data analysis software to facilitate audit scoping and testing.
- Effectively communicates audit issues and related recommendations in both technical and non-technical terms to Operational and IT management.
- Develops an awareness of changes in IT audit practices, regulatory requirements, and IT Risk frameworks to understand their impact to Auditing and Liberty. (e.g. NIST Cyber, CSC, COBIT, ISO2700x)
- Takes an active role in acclimating associate auditors and newer team members by sharing knowledge of the insurance industry, Company and Internal Audit department processes and procedures.
- Requires IT Audit skills as typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a comparative field and 1 year or more of IT audit or information technology experience with a focus on security, risk management, or controls.
- A passed CISA Certification Exam is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- IT auditing skills or hands on administrative experience in at least one of the following areas: system development & testing; UNIX; AS/400; Windows; Oracle, DB2, SQL; Cyber Security including Network/Web Application Firewall, and other network devices.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time