AmTrust Financial Services
Jersey City, New Jersey
ANV Global Services a subsidiary of AmTrust is searching for an experienced and knowledgeable Underwriting Manager to build and manage our admitted portfolio of management liability business. Leads and trains the underwriters to ensure integrity of underwriting activities and processes.
- Reviews D&O, EPL, Fiduciary and Crime submissions from producers. Reviews and recommends approval or denial beyond assigned underwriting authority.
- Analyzes, evaluates and reviews new business with superiors as necessary or as required.
- Underwrites assigned major accounts and individual requests within higher level of authority as designated by company guidelines.
- Updates and maintains underwriting files.
- Works with producers and customers to handle difficult, complex accounts and resolve issues beyond the authority of the branch underwriting staff.
- Submits business to Underwriting Director and/or AmTrust for approval over his/her underwriting authority as well as the local authority level.
- Travels with the responsibility of developing new sources of business, territorial analysis, and servicing existing accounts.
- Promotes business development through marketing calls on agents, clients, and attendance at industry functions. Promotes company programs and image as appropriate including contact with various industry representatives, regulators, and governmental officials.
- Identifies potential new agents and producers, promotes company to this group. Recommends new agents and producers for company appointment.
- Trains underwriters regarding underwriting and procedural guidelines and requirements, and others as may be delegated.
- Backs up the Underwriting Director on active admitted accounts and fills in for other underwriters when they are out of the office.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or delegated by the Underwriting Director.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7+ years of experience in Management Liability Products
- Demonstrated effective management and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and risk assessment ability
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.