Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Preferred Governmental Claim Solutions, Inc. a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. is seeking a motivated Liability Specialist to join our team oriented environment in Lake Mary, FL. In this role, the Specialist will be responsible for administering claims pursuant to company requirements, while leading investigations, and representing the office in mediations, trials and client meetings
- Contact claimants, clients, medical providers and attorneys
- Investigate accidents and determine liability
- Evaluate damages
- Take recorded statements
- Settle claims
- Attend file reviews, mediations and trials
- Assure that files are handled within company guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Current State of Florida All-Lines Adjuster License
- 3 - 5 years of experience handling Bodily Injury Property & Casualty claims
- Valid Driver's License in good standing
- Able to travel throughout the State of Florida, overnight as needed, for investigations, mediations, trials and client meetings
- College degree
- Litigated claims handling experience
- Municipalities and Governmental Entities experience
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes 401(k) plan with match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Insurance coverage in the areas of Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, plus much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.