Are you looking for a challenging and engaging role? Are you driven to achieve incredible feats of growth in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up, than an insurance company? Then we want to talk to you. We are building the team to take Windhaven™ Insurance to the next level and we are committed to our mission, culture, data-driven decision making, and entrepreneurial spirit.
The Desk Appraiser offers exceptional customer service experience by using exceptional investigation skills to evaluates, and appraises damaged automobiles of varying condition. Assesses estimates and repairs for accuracy per Windhaven™ Insurance standard.
- Desk reviews appraisals costs for parts, materials, and labor necessary to restore vehicles to their pre-damaged condition.
- Documents all key activities regarding estimate, repairs, and evaluation
- Provide claims personnel with expert advice on vehicle repair, parts costs, garage expertise and opinion on whether specific damage is related to accident.
- Review claims personnel in determining when a damaged vehicle should be classified as a total loss.
- May assist in the training of staff and evaluation of staff, independent and Direct Repair Program shops.
- Complete Direct Repair Programs re-inspections, supplements as warranted to verify damage or confirm repairs are completed.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an Appraiser position with experience in Appraising and Estimating
- Knowledge of Audatex/Auto source estimating systems
- Detail oriented
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Bilingual - English and Spanish preferred
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Associates degree or higher preferred
Headquartered in Miami, Windhaven™ Insurance, has written more than $1 billion in auto insurance premium since its establishment a decade ago. With offices in Tampa, Florida, and Dallas, and Austin Texas, and a technology company, Clutch Analytics, in Austin, Texas, Windhaven™ Insurance provides coverage to some 220,000 policyholders through more than 4,000 local independent agents. According to S&P Global Market Intelligence, Windhaven is the Fastest Growing Auto Carrier in Florida. An employer of over 500 “Windies,” South Florida Business Journal named Windhaven™ Insurance among the “Best Places to Work" in 2015 and 2017.
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer