Security Software Developer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
As a member of the US Consumer Markets Security team you will evaluate the risk of existing and emerging applications to the on-going operations of USCM insurance. You will spend a significant portion of your time doing software development in primarily the MEAN stack. You will also look for ways to automate and improve on cloud security processes. You will interact with application teams on emerging cloud risks and remediation planning. Our team offers interesting and challenging work as we continue to move into and evaluate risk and the security posture in the cloud space.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to high quality deliverables that meet operational, security and business requirements while adhering to team standards.
- Work within a project team on iterative development that delivers a high quality product
- Participate in low-level design activities by analyzing requirements and assisting with system design process and solution development
- Ensures that the code is scalable and meets performance requirements
- Assists in continuous improvement efforts, usability, and automation
- Interact with Software Product and Infrastructure teams to consult on secure design
- Assist in the development of production support documentation
- Execute testing of security tools and control techniques as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or security discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1+ years of application development/coding experience
- Interest in application security
- Basic knowledge of IT security principles as well as IT strategies and methodologies, including understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Basic knowledge of shared software concepts, architectures and technical standards.
- Basic understanding cloud computing concepts, platforms and development tools.
- Very good negotiation, communications and consultative skills.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and make design recommendations.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual http://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/technology-jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Portsmouth
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)