Senior Software Developer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Senior Software Developer - Next Gen. Document Solutions Platform
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About the job:
The candidate will be part of a talented agile team working to build the next generation of Document Solutions platform and within the US Consumer Markets business unit.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements.
- Analyze technical system problems, and design and implement effective solutions
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Create applications using a server side framework (e.g. Spring, NodeJS etc.)
- Investigate components of new tools and technologies.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and leadership skills with ability to handle multiple activities in a dynamic and energizing environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or 5+ years relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of Java development experience
- 4+ years of experience with cloud-based technologies, including Spring Boot and Docker
- 4+ years of experience developing backend/RESTful services
- Experience developing in a consumer-facing SaaS environment
- Knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Test Engineers)
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, etc)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time