Underwriting Assistant II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your Underwriting career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Under moderate supervision, the position supports the underwriting team in providing efficient and accurate handling of the technical aspects of the underwriting process. It is responsible for the timely and accurate entry of submissions, policy and endorsement issuance, booking premium, and adherence to attestation and underwriting guidelines in file administration.
Using the underwriting system(GENIUS), enter and clear submissions, book premium, and generate invoices to be mailed to broker.
- Follow post binding underwriting and compliance required procedures.
- Identify all required forms and materials related to policy issuance.; prepare policy and endorsements (monetary & non-monetary) via Policy Document Mgmt system (PDM) or manually.Mail policy to broker.
- Handle various requests/inquiries from brokers and/or underwriters to include premium information, loss information, policy changes, submitting request for loss control visit, etc.
- Prepare activity logs that track steps leading up to policy issuance and perform reconciliations against reports generated from underwriting system.Interact with other departments including Finance and Complianceto resolve discrepancies and/or issues.
- Handle pre-renewal activity to include preparing & mailing renewal letters.
- Performs administrative duties for the department as required to include handling calls, track departmental expenses and preparing invoice payments.
Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years business experience within the insurance industry required
- Knowledge of entire technical underwriting process
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Microsoft Office and data-based systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New York
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma (13 years)