Claims Account Manager
Directly handles and/or assists in monitoring, reviewing and coordinating the activities involving general liability, product liability, workers compensation and other complex claims. Performs due diligence on potential acquisition target to ensure claims are properly reserved.
Business Line Responsibilities:
- Works closely with and assists Business Development Team to evaluate claim level reserves of potential acquisitions. Reviews include workers compensation, asbestos, hazardous waste and product liability claims
- Develops procedures to ensure proper file setup, reserving, general handling and application of company procedure and coverage interpretation philosophy on newly acquired business.
- Develops post acquisition workflow and group reporting requirements.
- Manages various Third Party Administrators handling of the Company’s workers compensation claims. Ensures strategies are in place for resolving/closing claims.
- Manages the review of loss notices; confirms and interprets policy coverage’s; establishes adequate reserves; and investigates and handles claims involving primary, excess, and umbrella coverage’s.
- Works with internal and external counsel as necessary in developing claim dispute (arbitration/litigation) defense to ensure expense controls and strategy are met.
- Provides specific claims information to senior management relative to all new notices of loss and maintains specific financial and general statistical records which are used for reporting to management.
- Manages and participates in the diary control of reported cases to ensure maintenance of proper reserves to reflect the company’s exposure and adequate notice to reinsurers, and recovery of specific amounts when payment exceeds the company’s retention.
- Participates in conversion of claim systems when and if needed.
- Manages members of claims administration staff.
- Participates in Audits relating to assigned claims portfolio.
- Assists R&Q Companies in special project efforts.
Skills, Abilities and Job Knowledge Required:
- Capable of working in a small office environment.
- Capable of working independently and meeting assigned deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and write professional documents.
- Able to accurately and effectively respond to internal and external inquiries and/or complaints.
- Comfortable with presenting information to corporate executive level.
Qualification and Experience Required:
- College Degree or Equivalent Experience.
- Minimum 9 – 15 years’ experience in handling workers compensation, general liability and/or latent exposure claims or a legal degree with at least (5) years claims handling experience.
- Limited physical exertion required (lifting heavy files)
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Usual office work conditions.
- Limited travel not anticipated to exceed 5-6 trips annually
This job description does not represent an employment contract, nor is it all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.