Handles, under close supervision, issues principally related to first party claims and clear liability third party claims that involve primarily communication of information such as scheduling auto damage appraisal or results of that activity. Obtains information related to police investigations; handles support staff functions; initiates correspondence on other straightforward claims, including paying those that do not require significant coverage review (such as minor theft or damage claims).
- Contact involved parties, describe claim process, initiate completion of claim documentation, confirm the amount of loss, and pay the claim as dictated by Company guidelines. Acquiring knowledge of basic, limited, claim handling procedures; and have the ability to recognize when exceptional circumstances require involvement of the Branch Manager, Claim Supervisor, or a Branch, Field, or Senior Claim Representative. Examples of such circumstances would include coverage questions, denials, complaints, etc. Answer customer inquiries related to pending or unresolved claims. Assist in handling subrogation or salvage.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance in meeting a defined work schedule to achieve service objectives.
- Use computer based information for reference, enter information into computer systems, and develop specialized habits related to assigned work.
- Responsible for performing support staff functions.
- Study and obtain appropriate adjuster’s license(s), if required by statute in the jurisdiction employed, within time prescribed by the Company or statute.
- Willing to be temporarily reassigned for catastrophe duty on request.
- Assist with other duties in the department, or elsewhere, on request.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, organize work and information, communicate effectively (principally verbal and some written), good interpersonal skills and accurate mathematics skills. In addition, the ability to effectively deal tactfully with all types of people at all levels is essential.
- Ability to maintain a professional image.
- Some typing or keyboard skills, dictation skills, and phone skills are utilized.
A high school education or its equivalent; or experience or training that the Company considers sufficiently related; or equivalent combination of education and such related experience.
Experience in areas of customer service. Work related to handling support functions in a claim office would be valuable.
Competitive salary, matching 401(k) retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
Those activities associated with general office work such as standing, walking, sitting, reaching with hands and arms, talking or hearing, and safely lifting or moving up to 30 pounds. Ability to use close vision and to adjust focus. Keyboard or typing skills, and the ability to perform entry work on a computer with accuracy.
Work is performed in an office environment.
This is not an exhaustive job description and may be supplemented or modified by the Company as necessary from time to time