Director II, Data Products Cloud Enablement, Global Retail Markets
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
The Director and Sr. Product Owner of Data Products plays a critical role in Liberty Global Retail Markets Cloud data migration. GRM is the biggest business unit of Liberty Mutual and data is one of its top priorities. He/she will articulate and translate the strategic vision into the development of Cloud data products and solutions such as Data Provisioning, Data Science Platform and Data Lake, and implement programs that enable the business to make faster and more accurate decisions, measured by KPIs. He/she will also be responsible for staying close to our analytics strategy and ensuring that any new data product meets the evolving needs of the organization, through continual innovation, evaluation, and implementation.
This candidate should be able to work independently and will be empowered with decision-making authority on assignments reflecting the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. He/she will be expected to have a command of the technical products as well as how they need to meet the needs of our analytics community. This role also requires the candidate to have general business domain knowledge and a thorough understanding of data value streams.
- Manage highly complex & strategic Cloud migration and data use case deliveries. Recommend and implement new or enhanced data products to better meet stakeholder or customer needs by leading development of project backlogs and plans, including milestones and dates, identification of parties and processes impacted by a data solution. Set the strategic vision and roadmap for data solutions. Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products.
- Ability to grasp new technologies needed to progress initiatives, while demonstrating an understanding of the use of data in solving a business use case. Can create roadmaps for product delivery, innovate and create new product ideas. Can turn vague ideas or problems into a data product strategy. Influences strategic thinking across the team and the broader organization.
- Able to identify stakeholder and customer pain points and strategically address those concerns. Able to describe value and influence the prioritization of data solutions.
- Have a command of industry trends and an understanding of organizational processes. Solid project management skills to ensure effective project execution. Expected to be a change agent across the organization. Act as a coach and mentor for peers and technical members of project teams, and can communicate effectively across multiple technical units and senior leadership.
- Able to break down data issues and resolve them, by prototyping data solutions to meet the needs of both the organization and business customers.
- Ability to think through proof-of-concept solutions and how they will be maintained, and can help assess whether proof-of-concepts are viable and scalable by partnering with IT.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Experience in communicating recommendations to senior business leaders preferred.
- BA/BS, or relevant work experience, in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- MBA or advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative discipline strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience working in coding and data solutions design principles, particularly in open source tools and technology.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time