- Career Level
- Not Specified
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
As a Software Developer you will participate within a team to develop and enhances low to medium complexity applications and act as System Administrator for vendor products. You will work closely with the customer on all application changes. You will also code, test, implement, debug and maintain those software applications. Competent to independently work on most phases of development activities; requires instruction and guidance in phases. Analyzes low to medium complexity technical system problems.
In this role you will:
- Interact with Customers to understand and prioritize work
- Deploy and Maintain vendor code in Liberty or in the cloud
- Systems Administration for Windows Servers
- Develop using ETL(Informatica), reporting (PowerBI and Cognos), and DB(SQL, Teradata)
- Develop efficient, maintainable, defect-free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Collaborate on the development of unit test cases
- Develop test scripts
- Contribute to researching technical alternatives
- Conduct impact analysis
- Interact with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Work within project team on iterative development that delivers a high quality product.
- Participate in medium-level design activities by analyzing requirements and high level designs
- Provide functional/system integration testing support.
- Perform Quality Assurance coding review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners.
- Collaborate on troubleshooting production issues and performing root cause analysis
- Identify improvement opportunities. (Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Complete other project work or tasks as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
Generally 3+ years of professional experience
Proficient in two or more programming languages and tools; knowledgeable in new and emerging technologies
Negotiation skills; oral and written communication skills
General knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies and methodologies. IT architectures and technical standards
General knowledge of a business function(s) and business operations
Design and development tools
General knowledge of layered systems architectures
General understanding of shared software concepts
General knowledge of architectures and technical standards
General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes
Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements
Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery
Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)