Claims Representative - Property Damage
This is an exciting time at Plymouth Rock Assurance! As we prepare for our entry into the New York Market, we are currently looking for a First and Third Party Property Damage Representative to join our team. This position is responsible for the handling of Auto Property Claims in accordance with NY State regulations. The environment is fast paced and involves extensive phone usage. Strong customer service, time management, verbal and written skills are required. The position requires patience and the ability to function professionally in a multi-faceted environment.
- Claims Representative will investigate and interpret policy provisions, endorsements and conditions to make a coverage determination in the automobile property claim.
- Property Damage Claims Representative will interview first and third party claimants, witnesses, investigating officers and other relevant parties, along with securing pertinent records, documentation and loss scene information.
- Claims Representative will analyze the investigation to determine proximate cause, negligence, and damages. Evaluate and adjust reserves as necessary.
- Property Damage Claims Representative will prepare dispatch instructions for field personnel to inspect vehicles.
- Claims Representative will negotiate and settle claims within his/her individual authority. Submit claims for approval to supervisor when over his/her authority or for guidance, review and/or referral when appropriate.
- Property Damage Claims Representative will maintain an effective follow-up system on pending files. Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Able to adjust workload and prioritize accordingly.
- Claims Representative is responsible for Direct communication with insured’s, claimants, independent agents, and body shops on the status of the claim.
- Property Damage Claims Representative will investigate and initiate subrogation when applicable.
- Claims Representative is responsible for compliance with NY State Statutes and Regulations (64).
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four year college and/or 3-5 years of relevant Physical Damage Experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required as well as good interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of state and federal laws in the jurisdiction in which incumbent operates.
- The ability to navigate through a paperless claim environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Applications.
- New Jersey and/or Pennsylvania claims experience beneficial but not required.
- Must live in the area, relocation assistance will not be provided.
- The ability to obtain licenses in other states if requested.
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry.
The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,600 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of "A-/Excellent".