Sr. Claims Specialist-ML, Ironshore
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual, Ironshore!
Under moderate direction, handles a book of Private Company & Not-For-Profit Directors & Officers and Employment Practices liability claims throughout the entire claim's life cycle. Responsible for conducting investigations, recommending adequate reserves, monitoring, documenting, and settling/closing claims in an expeditious and economical manner within prescribed authority limits for the line of business.
- Analyzes, investigates, and evaluates the loss to determine coverage and claim disposition. Utilizes CMS to document claims and to diary future events or follow-up.
- Within prescribed settlement authority for the line of business, establishes appropriate reserves for both indemnity and expense and reviews on a regular basis to ensure adequacy. Makes recommendations to set reserves at appropriate level for claims outside of authority level.
- Prepares comprehensive reports as required. Identifies and communicates specific claim trends and account and/or policy issues to management and underwriting.
- Manages the litigation process through the retention of counsel. Adheres to the line of business litigation guidelines to include budget, bill review and payment.
- Monitors the case resolution process. Actively participates in mediations and arbitrations, within limit of settlement authority.
- Participates in Claims audit process.
- May provide claims marketing services by participating in meetings with brokers, risk managers and reinsurers.
- As required, maintains insurance adjuster licenses.
- Bachelors' and/or advanced degree.
- 5+ years claims/legal experience; or experience in a related field.
- Functional knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices and techniques, to include but not limited to coverage issues, and product line knowledge.
- Functional knowledge of law and insurance regulations in various jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New York
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time