Field Nurse Case Manager (RN), Workers' Compensation
5 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!If you're a registered nurse looking for a new opportunity to work in a fast-paced, professional environment where your talent contributes to our competitive edge, Liberty Mutual Insurance has the opportunity for you. This position requires collaborating with physicians, other medical providers, patients, employers, and claims professionals by providing nurse case management services for workers compensation claims. While you will be based out of your home, the position involves daily travel to attend physician and PT appointments, conduct visits at a patient's home and meet with the patient's employer to assess job requirements and explore return to work opportunities.
- Effectively manage assigned caseload of medical/disability cases within company and regulatory guidelines.
- Communication with claimants, medical professionals, claims staff and others to obtain information necessary to make sound medical decisions. In addition, responds to various written, telephone and/or in-person inquiries regarding status of case.
- Completes initial case evaluation by assessing injury/disability severity, treatment plans, functional abilities and physical job requirements and then establishes case-specific target return-to-work (RTW) dates.
- 5+ Years clinical nurse experience with a preference for previous orthopedic, emergency room, critical care, home care or rehab care experience.
- Degree from an accredited nursing school required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Current unrestricted registered nurse (R.N.) license in the state where the position is based and other assigned states as required by law.
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate with claimants, medical professionals, employers, claims staff and others.
- Good negotiation skills to effectively establish target return to work dates.
- Bilingual is a plus.
This is an on-site role requiring extensive local travel. Candidates must live in or be easily commutable to the East Bay area of San Francisco, CA. Candidates outside this area and those unwilling to travel (locally) will not be considered.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Nursing & Medical
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma (13 years)
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time