Middle Market Underwriting Specialist, National Insurance
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance Your Underwriting Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company
Our underwriters focus on answering two fundamental questions. Should we write a policy for a particular customer? What is a fair price for the risk that we would incur by writing the policy? On the surface, these questions may seem straightforward, but as a Liberty Mutual Insurance underwriter, you will possess a curiosity that propels you to dig a little deeper for the answers. You will rely on your strong analytic, communication, and negotiation skills and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Underwriters are natural problem solvers who want to know our customers and how we can profitably accept the risks that our policies cover.
Are you looking for a Commercial Underwriting opportunity with a responsible company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? We have an excellent underwriting opportunity available. As a Commercial Underwriter you will work to manage assigned agencies, select profitable risks and build a profitable portfolio of accounts. In addition to a wide range of benefits, as a direct employee, your insurance education and training are paid by us.
- Build & manage internal and external sales relationships.
- Select profitable risks based upon individual account criteria and underwriting standards
- Manage portfolio to control the overall mix of accounts, manage exposures & take prompt action when necessary
- Develop new business and retain existing accounts
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred, continuing insurance education desired
- Success driven individual who has demonstrated 5-10 years of success in a commercial underwriting role
- Ability to analyze variables, such as type & amount of coverage, loss control, credit reports, and loss experience
- Thorough knowledge of commercial insurance coverages, contracts & underwriting guidelines
- Ability to interact successfully with customers to build & maintain good business relationships.
- Negotiation and pricing skills
- Hard work, honesty, integrity and unwavering business ethics
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time