Compliance and Risk Manager
PetFirst is a leader in the pet insurance industry and the opportunity to be a leader in our growth oriented organization awaits you. We are searching for a Compliance and Risk Manager with strategic vision in addition to strong leadership and organizational skills.
PetFirst has a lively yet laid back work atmosphere that fosters an environment of success for our employees. We offer a unique benefits package! Here are just a few of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance beginning date of hire
- 401(K) plan with up to 6% company match
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid PTO (personal time off)
- Business casual and casual attire every day
- Fun money reimbursement for recreational or personal development activities
- Pet insurance for one or more of your furry family members
The Compliance Manager will manage PetFirst’s underwriting relationships with our admitted and surplus lines carriers. This position is also responsible for working with our underwriting partners in the development of and adherence to rates, forms, and underwriting rules as well as ensuring that all agency, agent and adjuster licensing is current and conforms to all applicable regulatory agencies. Additionally, this position is responsible for all matters of regulatory compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage contract requirements with admitted and non-admitted carriers.
- Manage licensing of agency, individual agents and surplus lines brokers including agent appointments.
- Conduct audits to ensure all pet insurance policies are correctly underwritten, processed, adjudicated, and documented in compliance with regulatory standards and requirements.
- Ensure all marketing materials, policy documents and policyholder communication meet the regulatory specifications outlined by PetFirst’s carriers.
- Conduct regular reporting and analysis on risk management statistics including loss ratio maturation.
- Oversee development and approval of surplus lines tax reporting and annual reporting for business licensing in multiple states.
- Draft, review and submit all responses to DOI complaints and BBB complaints.
- Manage underwriting audits from admitted carriers and surplus lines companies.
- Oversee business insurance products and conduct periodic reviews to test that the policies are sufficient to meet the company’s needs and are priced appropriately.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure consistent application of compliance standards.
- Provide guidance on customer complaints and appeals.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience in insurance underwriting, claims and risk management.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to self-start, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to proactively identify problems and resolve them quickly and efficiently.
- Proven history of adherence to policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Thorough understanding of insurance risk management.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Insurance agency or carrier experience.
- Property and casualty insurance industry experience.
- State insurance regulatory experience.
- Bank reconciliations and other financial modeling experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, insurance or finance.
- 5 years’ experience in a compliance or risk management role.
Apply for Compliance and Risk Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly