Senior Actuarial Analyst, U. S. Planning - Global Retail Markets
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your Actuarial career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
We are seeking an innovative senior actuarial analyst to join Libertys U.S. Actuarial Planning team as a member of the actuarial student program. Our teams vision is to produce a holistic planning and forecasting experience for personal and small commercial products accounting for $23B in premium. We serve as the most trusted partners and actuarial experts connecting all decision makers to the future of the business. As the lead analyst on the planning team, you will develop and drive forward strong relationships with our wide operational network of internal customers, such as Reserving, Product Management, Trends Analytics, Finance and Claims. You will leverage our centralized position and business knowledge to synthesize and challenge actuarial projections, balancing depth with breadth of understanding.You will support a complete loss forecast that we can use with confidence to guide business strategy.
The ideal candidate will have strong business judgment, thrive in a highly visible and interactive role, and have the passion to drive continuous improvement to delight customers with evolving business needs.
- Collaborate across functional areas to analyze loss and LAE drivers such as pure premiums, industry loss trends, Product initiatives and Claims initiatives.
- Lead relationships with various cross-functional customers by managing day-to-day communication, prioritizing projects and meetings, coordinating deliverables, proactively anticipating customer needs, and otherwise driving the relationship forward through dedicated customer service.
- Analyze data and build models, reports, and documentation using tools such as Excel, R, VBA, Hyperion, and SAS.
- Conduct independent analysis, develop reports and presentations, propose actions then present to manager, senior management and other stakeholders to drive decision making.
- Influence stakeholders by connecting the story of Plan to the business through interactive reporting and data visualization
- Develop and communicate project plans with consideration of the Finance planning calendar, data availability, resource constraints, work stream interdependencies and customer communications.
- Perform detailed reviews of materials from customers, direct reports, and the planning system to ensure understanding and accuracy.
- Integrate the results of loss drivers and business analyses, synthesizing them into a coherent story and communicating results to internal customers.
- Suitably tailor and present material to disparate audiences using written, visual and oral formats.
- Enable and improve the assessment of variances to plan by ensuring an accurate monthly plan and coordinating across functions to develop enhanced reporting.
- Ensure complete documentation of plan results and modifications to standard work.
- Drive expense and efficiency improvements through cross-functional identification of opportunities, prioritization of improvements and development of solutions.
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- Minimum 24 years relevant experience required and commitment to achieving Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required.
- Prior experience and solid knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Solid oral and written and presentation communication skills and ability to interact effectively within and outside the organization.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train subordinates.
- Ability to exercise discretion, and apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills in execution of assignments and projects.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with minimal direction. Strong computing skills; Ability to build models of moderate complexity.
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of all casualty actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions.
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Statistical, Information Technology, Legal, and Sales departments.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization.
- Ability to give effective training and presentations to senior management and other groups.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time