Claims Manager-Cyber/Tech, Ironshore
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your Claims and Management career at Liberty Mutual, Ironshore!
Under limited direction, manages a portfolio of small products or small region. Responsible for conducting investigations into a wide variety of product line claims with the ultimate goal of arranging expeditious and economical settlements within prescribed authority levels. Has distinct accountability for business results for assigned product(s) or region(s) and has administrative accountability for lower level claims staff.
- Managing and training group of 4-6 individual contributors handling cyber/technology/media and Insurance Agent broker claims.
- Establishes and manages processes for adequate reserves for both indemnity and expense and reviews reserves on a regular basis to ensure adequacy.
- Provides processes and direction to external lawyers with respect to coverage, investigation and ultimate settlement, including, direct and indirect participation in mediation, trial prep and negotiations
- Actively pursues all avenues of recovery including, but not limited to timely recovery of deductibles from Insureds and manages subrogation activities.
- Provides regular reports to the SVP on cyber process development, reporting and claims that will exceed or likely to exceed the authority level.
- Conducts claims audits.
- Manage the overall quality of the performance of claims staff, Attorneys and external vendors.
- Implement, maintain and monitor departmental standards and procedures.
- Involved with new product development.
- Provides training to new members of the team and acts as a technical resource to Cyber Claims Staff, as well as other divisions. Responsible for performance, development and coaching of staff (i.e. hiring, terminating, performance and salary increases).
- Assist and update Underwriting, Brokers, Risk Managers and Reinsurers in their queries as to specific claims or claim handling for Cyber/Tech claims.
Bachelors' degree required; JD highly preferred.
- At least 10 years claims handling within a Professional Liability.
- 5 years of cyber claims experience and progressively more responsible work experience required.
- Supervisory/Management experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices, procedures and techniques, including, but not limited to coverage issues, product lines, marketing, computers and product competition within the marketplace.
- Knowledge of law and insurance regulations in various jurisdictions.
- The ability to effectively interact with brokers and internal departments is also required.
- Strong verbal and written communications and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and decision making skills also required.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New York
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time