Support Technician III
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The Technician III position is responsible for providing technical support of system hardware, file servers, software and network activities for the York family of companies. This position assists during the installation; configuration and troubleshooting of system hardware and software while assisting users to solve daily operational and technical problems within the corporate networks.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides level 2 and level 3 technical support via on-site or remote telephonic support to the York user community and our clients while displaying a commitment to total end-user satisfaction.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and expert level knowledge of all internal and external systems
- Determining the nature of problems being reported, while demonstrating expert level problem solving and troubleshooting techniques to resolve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Following structured procedures for logging and documenting all support calls into the York Service Portal system is imperative when performing any assistance to users for problem resolution and closure.
- Make recommendations regarding upgrades in equipment and/or software to ensure that the systems are running most efficiently.
- It is essential for this position to have the ability to work on several issues simultaneously, solve problems independently while seeking input from others within the entire IT department.
- Lead effort to document End User support procedures for current and future processes, workstation & server configurations, printer locations and setup and inventory requirements while insuring that best practices are followed and are kept up-to-date.
- Must possess detailed knowledge of the following areas: Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (all versions), MS Office applications, workstation & server hardware (desktop, laptops, servers, PDA, modems, etc.), VMware, printers, and peripherals.
- Good written and oral communication skills, general project management skills, and the ability to work with individuals with varying degrees of technical experience
- Provide after-hours support to the IT technical support team for internal LAN and external WAN systems.
- Responsibility for installing, imaging, and maintaining Windows 7 and XP operating systems, MS Office, desktop & server hardware, laptops, printers, departmental HUBs and LAN switches.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining desktop and laptop images to meet corporate standards
- Maintain and troubleshoot laptop and external drive encryption
- Reports to End User Technology Management
- The incumbent works independently; no direct reports
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Must have the ability to support desktop and server operations systems (Microsoft Windows 2008,2003, XP, and 7)
- Experience supporting Windows computers; with a complete understanding of network software and hardware, strong troubleshooting skills, very high customer service aptitude and demeanor, with excellent knowledge of networking and printing functions
- Experience with virtual technologies (VDI, VMware)
- Experience with user setup and configuration of small to mid-range phone systems and voicemail
- LAN/WAN experience in Microsoft domain environments as well as active directory configuration
- Support and maintain the distribution of corporate anti-virus software for all workstations.
- 5+ years of desktop and network experience supporting small to mid-size corporate environments utilizing industry proven network principles and guidelines.
- Microsoft desktop, and / or A+ certification is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, general project management skills, and outstanding ability work with individuals with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Must be customer oriented, self-motivated, committed to performing the best job the first time, sensitive and responsive to end-user satisfaction
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, collaborate, and perform in a customer environment as in individual or as part of a team.
- Mastered the ability to research issues and find solutions, utilize new technologies in all areas known and unknown to support Yorks family of companies user community.
- Ability to professionally convey technical information and details to both technical and non-technical end users.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN configuration in Microsoft domain environments as well as active directory functionality
- Expert level knowledge of all internal and external systems
- A strong technical and analytical background and the ability to work independently as well as lead within a team environment
- Must possess expert working knowledge of the following areas: Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (all versions), MS Office applications, workstation & server hardware (desktop, laptops, servers, PDA, modems, etc.), printers and peripherals
- Knowledge to administer the distribution of corporate anti-virus software for all workstations
- Knowledge supporting Windows computers and Servers, familiarity with network software and hardware, strong troubleshooting skills, very high customer service aptitude and demeanor, knowledge of networking and printing functions; LAN/WAN experience in Microsoft domain environments as well as active directory configuration
- Complete understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP networks, DNS, WINS services as well as enterprise level Internet access, Citrix Terminal Server User setup and configuration, VMWare, system backup, recovery and maintenance experience. This includes configuration and design of LAN/WAN networks and VPN environments.
ROUTINE DECISIONS AND FORMAL POLICY SETTING:
Decisions routinely made include:
- Leading and prioritizing tasks involved for office and/or equipment moves/adds/changes
- Determine if escalation to infrastructure or engineering groups is required for problem resolution.
- Determine if outside vendors or maintenance providers need to be involved and act as the liaison for such communications.
- Formally responsible for making recommendations regarding policies associated with the jobs purpose and essential responsibilities