- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
We are currently seeking to hire a Corporate Paralegal (junior-level) or Legal Assistant/Analyst in our Jersey City, NJ office.
This is an entry-level or junior-level opportunity for someone wishing to learn about or grow in familiarity with contracts, corporate filings and the functions of a corporate law department. The position will assist with the creation of client contracts by gathering important information for contract preparation, by meticulously checking for accuracy, and by working with attorneys. The position will also work with a Senior Paralegal on corporate filings. This position will be integral to the launch and use of a new contracts management software portal, so comfort with adopting new computer applications is critical, as is the ability to generate professional, careful work product. The Paralegal will also provide professional and administrative support to the General Counsel and other attorneys within the legal department.
A paralegal certificate is not required for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position requires an individual who is able to review, summarize, and assist in the drafting of forms, contracts and other legal documents. Attention to detail and the ability to write professionally are essential. Further, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and updating the organizations internal contract portal.
- The Paralegal position reports to the Executive Vice President and General Counsel.
- Has the ability to write and communicate extremely well (top decile in writing ability)
- Consistently demonstrates phenomenal attention to detail
- Comfortably learns and masters technology, including new computer programs
- Has the ability to effectively and efficiently present information the General Counsel and other attorneys within the legal department
- Practices absolute discretion
- Has the ability to handle long-term and/or complex legal projects with significant financial or other business impact
- Possesses superior organization skills and the ability to handle a high volume of varied tasks
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and writing
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Entry level candidates will be considered for this position.
To be considered for this opportunity, an applicant must submit a cover letter and resume.