Human Resources Generalist
Position Summary: Primary function is to coordinate HR policies and programs with emphasis on the benefits and payroll areas, ensuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the position works closely with the Leadership Team in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities.
- Plan, direct and supervise all activities related to the administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefit programs. Develop, implement, and control programs in a manner that ensures accuracy, cost-effectiveness, market competitiveness and equity among employees.
- Administer benefit programs to include analysis and serving as primary contact with providers including Group Plans, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account, and COBRA administration. Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews bills for accuracy and resolves discrepancies with carriers. Ensures proper payroll deductions for all plans as required.
- Responsible for the accurate maintenance of confidential personnel files, personnel actions and maintains the computer e-files of employee data and information.
- Partner with the President to manage company risk insurance records and policies.
- Partner with our Third-Party Administrators for Human Resource Services, Payroll and overall benefit packages.
- Assist the Leadership Team in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned, including but not limited to recruitment and selection, employee recognition programs, performance evaluations and employee relations in accordance with the overall objectives and core values of the organization. Conducts new employee orientations; administers pre-employment processes, such as setting up interviews, travel plans (if necessary), completion of all required paperwork; coordination with vendor to complete background and reference checks, as well as education and employment verifications, and drug screen set up as necessary.
- Develop, prepare, generate and analyze ongoing system reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including but not limited to benefit costs, staffing levels, turnover, PTO, compensation and monthly performance measures. Effectively utilize the company computer systems to obtain, store and analyze data and information.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws affecting human resources management. Identify trends that could impact organization objectives and operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise leadership accordingly.
- As directed, participate in the investigation and resolution of ongoing employee relations problems, anticipate problems whenever possible, and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution.
- Knowledgeable in all key HR functions.
- Can work independently, while still recognizing and respecting the protocol of the organizational business model.
- Dedicated to accountability of outcomes for Human Resources and individuals in the company.
- Focused on best practices in decision making and achieving positive outcomes in all situations.
- Team concept focused as a member and contributor on any team.
- Detail oriented for record keeping and payroll processing.
- Responsibility for the completion of tasks within designated timeframes.
- Excellent and accomplished communication skills, verbal and written, with an ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Customer Service driven, recognizing internal and external customer initiatives.
- Must be able to maintain confidences in all areas of responsibility with an ability to foster trust in all relationships.
- Resourceful and analytical problem solver.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible HR experience
- Degree or equivalent of experience and education
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, Word, and Outlook; ability to learn new systems quickly as necessary to perform the functions of the job
- High degree of familiarity with Benefits and Payroll Administration
- Employee Relations experience
- Experience with recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding new employees
- PHR certification preferred