Senior Scrum Master
- Career Level
- Not Specified
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
If youre a curious learner who has a penchant for getting things done, thrives on facilitating, collaboration, and has a wealth of Agile know-how, we want you to join our tech team! USCM IT Claims is looking for a Senior Scrum Master who will be responsible for timely and successful delivery of features/enablers for programmatic business and/or technology objectives that require coordination of multiple scrum teams. In this role you will also facilitate process and program execution, escalate impediments, manage risk and help drive program-level continuous improvement.
In this role you will:
- Implement consistent processes and tools for program management
- Aggregate scrum team objectives and progress and publish to business and all team members to ensure visibility and transparency
- Remove impediments through provision of appropriate resources, guidance and escalation
- Collaborate with Senior Product Owner and Senior Architect to ensure alignment on strategy and execution
- Facilitate interaction and appropriate communication between scrum teams, architecture and UX
- Ensure adherence to agile practice through program increment planning, retrospectives, etc. for scrum teams
- Ensure successful delivery of large impact and/or cross-functional product initiatives
- Apply effective SAFe methodologies
- Coach, mentor and provide guidance to Scrum Masters
- Provide input on Scrum Master performance
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 6 years of IT and project/program management and experience in Agile software development including coaching on agile methodologies.
- Minimum of 8 years in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to manage projects from conception to successful implementation.
- Solid project management skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.
- In-depth knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Ability to effectively apply scaling frameworks and methodologies with three plus years experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach.
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and consensus building skills.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Exeter
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)