Legal Analytics Consultant - Legal Strategic Services
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Apply your advanced analytics talents to help Liberty keep its edge in the rapidly evolving Insurance and Legal industries!With the legal world at the early stages of a data science revolution, analytics and modeling have been a key driver of our leadership in managing billions of dollars in litigation spend and outcomes.
The Reporting and Analytics team in Legal Strategic Services (LSS) provides advanced analytics, predictive modeling, and strategic reporting, to help our stakeholders continuously improve their legal related processes and results.We apply leading edge analytic platforms and modeling techniques, integrating both traditional and unstructured data from multiple litigation, billing, and claims systems, to provide our business partners with insights on key legal metrics and trends.
In this role you will collaborate closely with our team of analysts and data scientists, as well as peers and leadership in our stakeholder teams, to create data-driven recommendations to impact their litigation strategies and practices. Youll produce in-depth analysis and decision support tools for our Home Office Litigation, Legal Bill auditing, and other Legal department partners, in addition to the Claims teams to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of handling their litigated and typically most expensive claims. You will also work closely with our key stakeholders to foster collaboration and communication regarding their ongoing analytic needs and priorities as well as changes to their respective service models or legal environment which may impact business results.
- Execute deep-dive quantitative and qualitative analysis of the drivers of litigation emergence and spend
- Develop alternative fee arrangements based on historical volume and pricing of litigation in high-spend lines of business and jurisdictions, to drive savings and predictability of litigation costs.
- Apply models of predicted legal quality to intervene on cases with potential quality issues, improve long-term outside counsel firm quality, and optimize firm selection.
- Work extensively with clients across Legal and SBU partners to understand business requirements and priorities, proactively identify opportunities, and provide analytics-based insights with actionable recommendations
- Develop and deliver compelling narratives integrating business concerns, technical concepts, and analytic findings, to key stakeholders at all levels of our partner organizations
- Mentor junior team members and non-technical peers to structure, drive, and communicate project results
- Bachelors degree in quantitative discipline (Economics, Business Analytics, Operations Research, Engineering, etc.). Advanced degree a plus.
- At least 5 years professional experience applying advanced analytics to solving real-world business problems.
- Adept at framing business questions and practices in analytic terms, and translating business requirements into corresponding datasets, analyses, reports, and presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to derive trends and potential business impact from data and analysis
- Ability to synthesize analysis into stories for senior management audience
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAS, R, or other statistical analysis tools, as well as advanced Excel features, required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in other analytic software tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Hyperion, Cognos, Access, etc., preferred.
- Experience with very large analysis datasets and Enterprise-scale database systems.
- Ability to perform high-level work both independently and collaboratively as an Agile team member or leader.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time