Senior Info Security Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Senior Info Security Analyst CI Technology
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
As a member of the Cloud Security and Engineering team you will evaluate the risk of existing and emerging applications to the on-going operations of Commercial insurance. You will look for ways to automate data inputs and evaluate methods to create self-service features for the risk models. You will interact with application teams on emerging cloud risks and remediation planning. Our team offers interesting and challenging work as we continue to move into and evaluate risk and the security posture in the cloud space.
About the role:
- Executes system scanning, remediation process, reporting and governance oversight
- Reviews the development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques. Consults with client and development area management and staff in the design and implementation of new or modified information security processes.
- Investigates and recommends appropriate corrective actions for information security incidents and is knowledgeable in forensic investigations, data recovery and the handling of digital evidence.
- Performs access control and account administration of critical information resources and key users.
- Acts as a liaison to the product groups and assists them in the implementation of security technologies and applications security. Works in conjunction with technical counterparts to remediate audit and security findings.
- Participates in the evaluation of vendor proposals, conducts process analyses, reviews information security architectures and recommends modifications to the information security operations that reduce costs or improve service.
- Tests and implements appropriate security methods and control techniques such as firewalls, intrusion detection software, data encryption, data backup and recovery
- Tracks projects and reports status to appropriate management.
- Helps to develop communications and actively promotes related campaigns for information security awareness among all staff.
- Maintains an awareness of existing and proposed security standard setting groups, State and Federal legislation and regulations pertaining to information security and identifies regulatory changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures, and recommends appropriate changes.
- Effectively communicates complex technical issues with sensitivity to diverse audiences.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and typically six or more years experience in the security aspects relating to multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Requires a broad knowledge of on-line systems, access methodologies, and security procedures in order to work effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
Extensive knowledge of business operations required; familiarity with business objectives and strategies desired. Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills required.
Broad range of technical expertise and exposure to multiple technology platforms and security technologies
Development or system admin background
Experience in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
A strong desire to experiment and learn
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
Career development, programs and classes
Diversity & Inclusion programs
College Savings Plan
For more info about our benefits - https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/working-here/benefits
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time