Senior Infrastructure Developer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Tech at Liberty Mutual
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The DevOps organization is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Developer for the DevOps Application Technology Services team. Specific experience preferred would include administrating large, complex Linux and Windows based Applications and services. Additional skills include understanding of SDLC and CI/CD methodologies, scripting, Docker, AWS and CHEF knowledge.
Under limited supervision, is competent to work at the highest level of systems administration and problem determination. Collaborates with application software developers in a team as technical expert in coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software to achieve desired results and documents appropriate aspects of those deliverables. Analyzes complex technical system problems. Performs the administrative activities required to support large, complex systems.
- Provides basic system administration and operational support (i.e. hardware/software installation, maintenance and support, system logs and problem reports, adds, changes, deletes, disk space management, backups, and file restores).
- Develops effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Interacts with Software Product and Infrastructure teams to gather and define user stories
- Performs Quality Assurance coding and design review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate Product Owners and application Software Developers.
- Monitors system performance and capacity; reports changes in usage
- Depicts highly complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences.
- Participants in the creation of the technical runway with architecture team
- Participates in site set-up, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.
- Develops test scripts
- Analyzes user stories for validity and feasibility
- Plans work out appropriately, proactively escalates issues that may impact scope, schedule, budget.
- May participate in Agile Ceremonies (demos, retros)
- Mentor new developers and junior developers.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Bachelors or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, Generally 5+ years of professional experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills. Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, infrastructure, cloud based platforms, and development tools.
- Thorough knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts.
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes. Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery. Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)