- Career Level
- Not Specified
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Hosting Services Applications Environments is an outcome-aligned organization which is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of all compute environments including mainframe, traditional midrange, IaaS, PaaS and Public Cloud. This position is in the Transaction, Messaging and Database (TMD) Support team which is part of the Data Platforms group. The TMD team is responsible for all Teleprocessing systems (CICS, IMS), mainframe database (DB2), automation, and the cross systems messaging system (MQ). The DB2 for z/OS System Administrators within this team are exposed to many different technologies that operate on the mainframe as well as internal and external cloud environments. These technologies cover DB2 mainframe administration, mainframe third party products, coding (java, node.js, REXX, etc..) for internal web applications, systems work (software implementations, performance and tuning, design), and developing new functionalities on and off the mainframe.
About the job:
Assists in operational support and problem resolution for large systems
Works with an Agile team on iterative development that delivers a high quality product
Assists in software installation and upgrades
Assists in software problems solving, takes appropriate corrective action and/or interacts with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions
Participates in user training, software installation, maintenance, support and documentation of software logs and operating procedures.
Performs basic user administration (adds, changes, deletes) for specified products and internal applications
Participates in documenting standards and operating procedures for large based system for the IT staff and systems users
Participates in highly complex ideas, issues and designs for varied audiences
Identify improvement opportunities. (Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation)
Provides mainframe reporting, on-going and as requested
Performs related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in systems operation and administration, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of DB2 for z/OS and third party administration functions
- Knowledgeable in new and emerging technologies
- General knowledge of layered systems architectures and understanding of shared software concepts, cloud based platforms, and development tools
- An understanding of the Agile methodology
- Knowledge of, or willing to learn software coding software for distributive use to support internal reporting and process automation
- Strong consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, judgment and the ability to work effectively with client and other systems technical staff, consultants and vendors.
- General knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- General knowledge of business functions and business operations
Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
Career development, programs and classes
Diversity & Inclusion programs
College Savings Plan
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits -
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - http://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/technology-jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Portsmouth
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)