AmTrust Financial Services
Jersey City, New Jersey
Responsible for new data delivery methodologies leveraging data visualization. An example of day-to-day responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Data Modeling
- Database Development
- Data Virtualization
- Performs other duties as necessary
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor/Associates Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math, Physics, another technical field (such as CIS or IT) or some combination of education and work experience related to this role.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description.
- 5+ years of experience working in a Senior Data Modeler capacity with hands-on experience in Oracle PL/SQL and MS SQL
- Extensive background in data modeling and data warehousing
- Understanding of star/snowflake schemas, indexing, aggregate tables, dimension tables, constraints, keys and fact tables required
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Understand the data requirements for the project and drive the solution based on information needs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyst and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Use of Data Virtualization concepts are REQUIRED (Prefer JBoss DV/Teiid)
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.