Vice President - Marketing & Communications
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Crawford & Company is seeking a strategic marketing and communications executive with a proven track record of success. Leveraging the size of our company and scope of our business, this executive will be responsible for the development of global marketing, public relations and communications strategy and activities to expand market share across our business units, strengthen our brand and improve our competitive positioning. This individual will work closely with the leadership team and other thought leaders to develop and drive comprehensive marketing and communications programs, incorporating the vision, mission, values and strategic priorities of Crawford & Company.
- Creates strategic marketing business plan in conjunction with the CEOs of Crawfords respective Business Units and oversees all aspects of media relations, including creating news releases and alerts; cultivating on-going and special events coverage with select top-tier media; responding to incoming media requests and inquiries; conducting proactive media outreach; tracking media results; and providing media training for the organizations spokespeople.
- Develops overall marketing strategy for business units including development and application of brand marketing and communications across all business units, definition of advertising needs, use of market intelligence, assessment of competitors, marketing materials, market segmentation and companys position in the market.
- Directs the planning, controlling and reporting processes for all growth initiatives.
- Directs products and product development including the rollout of new products and services.
- Develops and implements a strategic communications plan to advance Crawford & Companys brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences.
- Manages external PR initiative, including press release development, the development of talking points, internal and external presentations, positioning statements, videos, web content, and other communication materials.
- Possesses a deep understanding of social media and ability to use different channels to drive communications programs.
- Collaborates with corporate development and strategy and global service lines to develop the quarterly board book and annual strategy summit books.
- Collaborates with executive leadership, and other key stakeholders to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to determine scope, messaging, audience, timeline, budget and accurate mix (e.g. videos, posters, email, etc.) of communication deliverables.
- Designs, develops and implements a comprehensive communications strategy both at the corporate and business unit level that ensures relevant business information and updates cascade throughout Crawford & Companys entire employee population.
- Develops a communications strategy that will allow Crawford & Company to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
- Promotes executive visibility to ensure leaders are at events aligned with key strategic objectives and interests in the markets, and help determine appropriate external engagement including boards, panels and other speaking opportunities.
- Develops measurement criteria to effectively evaluate communications programs and incorporates changes into the communications program based upon measurement results.
- Collaborates in the development of board and investor presentations to report company results and initiatives including messaging for client presentations to ensure consistency and alignment with brand.
- Will support the companys M&A and due diligence committee.
- Manage, develop, and motivate marketing and communication team responsible for internal and external communications, PR/media relations trade shows and events, advertising, corporate sponsorships, collateral and presentations to promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Develops a long-range plan to take our communications team to the next level and ensure that our employees and external contacts have an appreciation for, and understanding of, our company vision, values and initiatives to foster shared understanding and engagement.
- Upholds the Crawford code of Conduct.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations is preferred. Masters Degree is a plus.
- Minimum 15 years experience is preferred, including an emphasis on internal and external communication, as well as social media, marketing or public relations.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in public company and board level communications
- Knowledge of global environments
- Experience managing remote teams
- Experience managing international teams
- Experience working with diverse communication platforms, including digital, video, web, and print.
- Proficient in communications software, Microsoft Office Suite, and a working knowledge of web-based communication tools.
- Applies knowledge of brand marketing and communications strategies.
- Applies brand knowledge to develop multimedia deliverables.
- Ability to identify and create appropriate messaging for the appropriate audience, utilizing the most effective communication channels.
- Extensive knowledge in public company communications initiatives, press releases
- Extensive knowledge of board and executive level presentations
- Knowledge of website implementation
- Knowledge of social media implementation and design
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.