Bookkeeper & Supervisor
- Accounting Process - Ensures that work production is timely and monthly money posting is in compliance with company policies, procedures and applicable regulations and laws. Assists with the development of new procedures, continuously evaluates existing processes to make efficiency improvements.
- Accounting Knowledge - Responsible for ensuring that all accounting workflow is done within the standard principles of accounting. Responsible for coordination of annual SOC certification process and creation of accounting reports to various levels of the company.
- Team Leadership - Provides management to the team, makes independent decisions, recognizes problems early and works to resolve them proactively. Responsible for team performance, to include training, coaching, counseling, and motivating team members as needed. Identifies development opportunities and possible disciplinary measures. Provides leadership though strategic planning, goal setting and decision making.
- Customer Service and Communication Skills - Requires accomplished communication skills. Must be able to handle difficult conversations and exhibit conflict management skills. All communication must maintain a reputation of professionalism, courtesy and respect with an ability to build relationships at all levels of the company and client contacts.
- Independent Workload - This is a working supervisor role, completing tasks assigned by management and working on projects with supervisors in other departments. Occasionally it will be the supervisor’s responsibility to take on a major role in resolving client concerns, or delegate them accordingly to team members for resolution.
- Strong Work Ethic - Take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion. Is diligent and persistent to overcome difficult situations. Must be a self-starter, show initiative, disciplined to focus on goals and deadlines with a commitment to the outcome. The ability to make value-based decisions independently.
- Attention to Detail - Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of all documents. Ability to be thorough and complete when working, processing, or providing information and documentation: tracking details and creating accurate documentation even under pressure. Respond to management requests for information and recommendations in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Computer Proficiency - Ability to work in multiple computer systems efficiently and understand accounting related computer programs such as QuickBooks and be proficient with basic programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Teamwork - Consistently works in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members. Leads team and sets a positive example by modeling all core company values, policies and guidelines.
- 3 years or more of accounting experience with progressively increasing responsibilities and exposure to team supervision.
- High School Diploma, prefer College Degree.
- Typing 45+ wpm accurately.
- Computer application knowledge.
- Accounting systems knowledge preferred.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Time and project management skills.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.