Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Senior Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
In Corporate Relations, we:
- Tell Allstates iconic story and bring the voice of Allstate to life through internal and external strategic communication.
- Know the business and work closely with business leaders as thought partners, continuing to strengthen Allstates reputation, strategy and culture.
Provide world-class communications counsel to advance issues and initiatives important to our stakeholders.
We connect our communities to Allstate and to each other, build and protect our brand and help people live a good life every day.
The role you play
The Senior Consultant will help develop and implement the company's sustainability strategy, which includes managing and reporting on the company's environmental initiatives, social impact work and governance, working in close collaboration with the broader CSR team and subject matter experts across the company.
The role will help position Allstate as a corporate leader in sustainability by:
- Working with internal partners to improve operational efficiency and minimize Allstate's environmental footprint
- Working with internal and external communication channels to drive transparency and authenticity around Allstate's sustainability initiatives
- Working with the Allstate Sustainability Council, a cross-functional team of leaders representing areas across the entire company, and community partners to develop and implement the companys sustainability roadmap
- Increasing employee engagement and pride in sustainability issues
- Manage relationships across the enterprise to develop the annual Sustainability Report, including design, production and vendor management process
Employee, Agency Owner and Officer Engagement:
- Generate employee and agency owner awareness of and involvement in sustainability programs
- Provide ongoing support to help the Allstate Sustainability Council make progress on Allstate's multi-year Sustainability Roadmap
Measurement and Reporting:
- Track and report metrics for corporate responsibility initiatives
- Develop and manage comprehensive communication and employee engagement plans
- Write, edit and produce communications consistently using brand voice, Associated Press style and Corporate Relations Style and Reference Guidelines
Relationship and Partnership Management:
- Deliver exceptional client services to internal and external partners
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in communications and program delivery in a corporate or nonprofit/NGO setting
- Bachelor degree in a business, communications or sustainability related field
Communication Strategy and Planning: Helps plan and execute specific sustainability projects and related communications. Consistently leverages organizational awareness and interpersonal communication skills to influence others to engage with and offer support to specific corporate responsibility initiatives.
Emerging Media (recommend change this title to Social Media): Consistently uses social media strategically to holistically integrate off-line and online interactive tactics for specific corporate responsibility programs.
Executive Communication: Assists in planning and executing communications that engage C-suite executives as champions of specific corporate responsibility programs.
Financial and Insurance Acumen: Knowledge of financial and insurance industry. Contributes ideas for how to align corporate responsibility goals and activities to capitalize on industry trends and / or address key industry concerns.
Internal Communications: With some oversight, plans and executes internal communications for specific corporate responsibility strategies, as needed.
Presentation and Verbal Communications: Ability to prepare complex presentations incorporating key messages aligned with strategic goals of business. Consistently demonstrates effective written and verbal skills and is an effective presenter.
Project Management: Develops and executes work plans for a specific sustainability initiative that organizes a project into discrete tasks; sequences activities to achieve maximum efficiency; and consistently estimates and manages time and budget required to complete tasks.
Corporate Responsibility: Executes specific aspects of corporate responsibility and sustainability programs. Ability to look at issues from multiple perspectives with a sense of fairness and balance, seeing both business and social realities. Draws on optimism and conviction to help build and support a specific sustainability involvement program designed to make a difference and inspire and engage others.
Reputation Leadership and Brand Management: Understands the importance of maintaining a strong reputation and brand.
Strategic Thinking: Generates innovative ideas to address emerging or potential corporate responsibility and sustainability issues in a way that advances company priorities. Consistently presents solutions clearly, enhances existing ideas to maximize opportunities, supports a creative, innovative environment and connects the dots to find the ideal intersection between community needs and business resources.
Leadership Initiative Uses persistence to help mobilize people around a higher purpose.
Value Oriented Uses persistence and commitment to make a difference and continually improve the value and impact of specific community initiatives.
Collaborative Network Consistently uses empathy and interpersonal understanding to build mutually beneficial relationships and connect and engage diverse groups of people.
Personal Maturity Consistently uses patience and pragmatism to maintain confidence in the face of change and adversity, knowing the organization or cause will benefit from efforts
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.