Claims-Data Strat & Mach Learn-Sr Mgr
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Claims Data Strategy and Machine Learning works with mutiple internal and external data sources to deliver data to the Claims organization that is readily available, easily accessible, accurate and complete. They also work across a variety of Claims disciplines to support machine learning initiatives and the implementation and maintenance of production models. Additionally, this team will ensure adherence to corporate standards regarding data and model governance.
This senior manager-level role is responsible overseeing the design and execution of a comprehensive data strategy for the Claims organization. This individual is responsible for leading a team that coordinates with ISG, D3, CTS and other third party data providers to deliver data that is readily available, easily accessible, accurate and complete. This role is also responsible for overseeing the implementation, monitoring, and governance of advanced analytic techniques (such as predictive models and/or machine learning systems) developed for the Claims organization. This individual oversees multiple teams and leverages in-depth subject matter expertise and business acumen to influence business decisions.
- Coordinates team to deliver data that is readily available, easily accessible, accurate and complete that alligns with Claims strategy
- Responsible for setting data governance standards for team, including, but not limited to, documentation of source system mapping, ETL, joins, metadata, and metric definitions
- Oversees the development and execution of a comprehensive data strategy that considers the current and future needs of the Claims organization, and considers other enterprise data initiatives
- Ensures credibility and reputation of high quality data through leadership of teams and setting quality standards and vision
- Collaborates with business partners to ensure successful deployment of advanced analytic techniques (such as predictive models and/or maching learning systems) developed for the Claims organization
- Responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of live production models and/or systems and recommends and leads changes as appropriate
- Serves as the technical liaison to business partners within Claims for initiatives requiring advanced analytical techniques that are developed by other AORs (typically D3) or third party vendors
- Responsible for ensuring data and models adhere to corporate governance standards
- Develops analytic data sets and/or models/systems not otherwise being pursued by other AORs or third party vendors, including support of test & learn capabilities
- Collaborates with leaders across various disciplines to understand and prioritize data needs and business solutions that require advanced analytical techniques
- Directs and is responsible for work that needs to be performed by a team(s) and/or their direct reports
- Maximizes individual and team capabilities and builds talent pipeline of future organizational leaders
- Creates a productive and supportive work environment of highly engaged employees who create highly satisfied customers (i.e. business partners)
- Provides thought leadership in the area of data engineering and data governance
- Monitors staffing levels and workloads and recommends changes as appropriate
- Participates in strategy sessions, idea generation and feedback sessions
- Owns multiple relationships with other AORs on strategic projects through checkins and attending strategy meetings to benefit the enterprise
- Oversees and manages complex vendor relationships
- MS degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence major is preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with design or build of ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) processes and tools
- Experience with data warehousing
- Experience with design of Business Intelligence platforms and/or tools
- Experience with Agile process methodology a plus
- 10+years of total experiences required; 7+ years full time hands-on software engineering experience and 3-5 years full time hands-on machine learning or artificial intelligence software engineering experience preferred
- Both front and backend technical experience with cognitive business applications
- Expert on various supervised and unsupervised machine-learning techniques
- Hands on experience with various deep machine-learning techniques preferred
- Expert in two or more with following areas: machine learning, natural language processing, or ontology engineering technologies
- Expert in developing and promoting standard machine learning methods and best practices
- Experience thinking outside the box; open to new ideas and exhibits a strong analytical mind
- Instinctive knowledge of how people will want to use a product, service, or solution that solves a real-world business problem
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex data for analysis
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.