- Career Level
- Not Specified
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, an A+ rated company, is rapidly expanding our footprint throughout the US. We are currently searching for an Accountant, who is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. If you are focused on technology, are attentive to detail, and provide solid customer service, then our team might be right for you!
The Accountant will analyze our Insurance Program and Affiliate businesses and will work closely with leadership to implement the reporting requirements related to new and existing programs. The Accountant is responsible for understanding all financial aspects of the programs, as well as, the accurate monthly/quarterly/annual accounting for the business within the Statutory Financial Statements. This position will perform onsite and desk audits to insure the accuracy of our financial data. This position works closely with statutory accounting, accounts receivables/payables, collections, and IT. The ideal candidate will have experience with premiums and losses and have had exposure to accounting systems, statutory accounting and financial audits.
- Develop, analyze and interpret internal distribution of financial information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability and performance.
- Calculate and execute reporting of Accounts Receivable/Payable/Revenue/Billing
- Develop and monitor premium, loss and other Financial Reporting requirements
- Respond to internal/external audit and regulatory exam requests
- Conduct routine financial audits
- Monitor affiliate accounting operations
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years accounting experience, preferably in the Insurance Industry, with a strong knowledge of coverages
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office and accounting software
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy