Senior Technical Recruiter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Senior Technical Recruiter provides full-cycle recruiting services to dedicated information technology business unit(s) and is responsible for providing the sourcing, qualifying and delivering diverse candidates for a wide range of non-exempt and exempt level positions. This is a specialized role with intense focus and support of one IT area which could include: Infrastructure, Telephony, Software Development/Engineer, QA, Systems Analysis, and/or Application Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Partner with Information Technology business leaders on workforce requirements, staffing forecasts, position requirements, candidate availability and job descriptions for technical/analytical and management positions.
- Utilize an existing network within the Information Technology space and the drive to reach beyond traditional recruiting methods to find leaders and influencers within their respective disciplines.
- Partner with hiring managers on labor market trends and candidate sourcing specific to their needs.
- Understand the talent demands of their assigned functional area and translate those demands into a staffing strategy that is timely and results driven with clear action items.
- Develop creative sourcing plans to include traditional networking strategies, web-based, and social media (non-traditional) strategies.
- Review resumes and applications, phone interview, and recommend top talent for a wide-variety of positions primarily including management and highly technical/analytical positions.
- Full cycle recruiting for exempt-level management customer service, sales, claims, and call-center positions.
- Coordinate appointments, feedback and decisions to internal and external applicants.
- Manage recruitment process and applicants consistent with regulatory and record-keeping requirements.
- Provide offer information to selected candidates, both verbal and written, ensuring accuracy and consistency with company policy.
- Conduct time-sensitive on-boarding activities including pre-hire background check processes.
- Assist in development and manage an enterprise college and intern recruitment strategy to support the growing business.
- Expand orientation programs to support managers and new employees through time-sensitive on-boarding activities.
- Must be highly organized to be able to manage and track applicants, and provide weekly recruitment status.
- Acts as a resource and mentor to lesser experienced recruiters and a point of contact for complex or escalated situations when Manager and/or Director are not available.
- Works with management, peers and other HR colleagues to ensure consistency across the organization relating to policies and\or practices.
- Works to ensure that the Four Es philosophy is exhibited in recruiting activities and candidates in the recruitment and selection process.
- Participation in special projects to enhance and improve the Recruiting departments functions
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education, training and work-related experience.
- Minimum of 4- 6 years of corporate, agency or headhunter recruiting experience with a focus on full-life cycle technical recruitment in a dynamic environment recruiting software developers, infrastructure, telephony, software engineers, application developers and IT project support candidates
- Advanced experience supporting multiple business units in non-exempt and exempt-level recruiting including management and highly technical/analytical positions.
- Advanced experience with multiple recruiting software platforms such as: Taleo, MyStaffingPro, CareerBuilder, LinkedIn, Indeed, ICIMS, Workday.
- Working knowledge of employment law as it relates to corporate recruitment practices.
- Advanced experience in competency-based interview and assessment techniques.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in establishing productive and effective working relationships.
- Ability to learn new technology and adapt to a new environment. Strong analytical, administration and problem solving skills.
- Ability to exercise expert judgment in protection and dissemination of company confidential and proprietary information.
- Expert experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and/or Access).
- Travel to other facilities and/or locations as required.
List any desired skills or competencies needed to perform the Essential Responsibilities of the job. Please use bullets to separate each distinct desired skill.
- Insurance and/or financial services recruiting experience highly desired.
- Experience in a government contracting environment is preferred.
- Prior experience working with AAP/OFCCP reporting preferred.
Job Requirements -
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.-