Claim Services Assistant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Work with a company that cares! Capital Insurance Group is one of the leading insurance companies is celebrating 120 years of service. We are currently looking for a Claim Services Assistant to join our Bakersfield, CA team. If you are a positive minded individual that is detailed oriented and customer focused we want to talk to you!
- Provide assistance to claim handlers by performing a variety of support services, which include: setting up claim files, uploading physical and electronic mail, scanning, updating claim file information based upon instruction, reading and uploading police reports and other investigative data, facilitating subrogation and salvage recovery efforts, and making payments to vendors.
- Position also requires the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including computers, printers, copy machines, facsimile receiver/transmitter and mailing equipment.
- Answer incoming phones lines and respond to needs of caller by either assisting or referring the call to others for assistance. Answer questions on basic CIG policies and procedures relating to claims. Refer complex questions to claims representatives or supervisor for response. Request and take messages with details such as the name, business, phone number, policy number, and reason for call and route information to appropriate departmental personnel for response.
- Sort incoming mail, upload the mail to the proper claim notifying adjusters of incoming mail. Recognizing time sensitive attorney mail and notifying adjusters and supervisors of the attorney mail. Some local office travel required to pick up and drop off items at post office and other vendors. Perform receptionist and/or office switchboard duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years experience in a clerical support role
- Must have exceptional customer service skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written
- Detailed oriented, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate knowledge with MS Office Suites
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required. Coursework in office skills is desirable. Demonstrated ability to perform clerical support duties associated with telephone coverage, typing, and knowledge of basic office equipment preferred.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H