Legal Assistant / Legal Clerk
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Built upon a solid foundation of construction and retail insurance distribution expertise but also serving all “Main Street USA” businesses, their product suite, employee friendly culture and development of technologies to maximize business efficiencies for their brokers are drivers of their success and growth.
This small Insurer is actively seeking a Legal Assistant / Legal Clerk to provide assistance and support to the General Counsel. The role handles information of a critical nature, therefore maintaining confidences, using sound judgment, and professionalism is required. In addition, the candidate must be organized, detail oriented, and relationship driven, with excellent communication skills. Broad duties with focus primarily on corporate filings, administrative work and support to the General Counsel.
- Prepare legal and other documents (including project work).
- Proofread work for accuracy of copy, format, grammar, punctuation and syntax.
- Set up and maintain files.
Qualities, Skills and Experiences We Seek:
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications including Word and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to general legal concepts.
- An intellectual curiosity about the field of law.
- Dedicated to providing superior service, producing quality work products.
- Passionate about the law and its application within an insurance setting.
- Able to work effectively in an energizing environment, meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and respond to changing priorities.
- Capable of performing clerical tasks with a high degree of accuracy and setting priorities to see projects through completion.
Apply for Legal Assistant / Legal Clerk
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly